Friday, December 21, 2007

Week 16 picks

But first, a little frustration venting.
#1) Navy vs. Utah over/under was 66
I picked the under
At halftime, the score was 10-7, meaning 49 more points would need to be scored to destroy my dreams of going perfect this bowl season.
Impossible, I thought, so I went to bed not even worrying about it.
I wake up to see that FIFTY points were scored in the second half. Navy covered so I got the actual pick right, but cmon, you can't tell me these things aren't fixed.

#2) Who shoots a three when you're down by two in a neutral-court game on the biggest stage in the greatest city in the world? Levance Fields, that's who. Props to the Pittsburgh junior. Without two of their best players last night, one likely out for the season due to injury, Pitt showed it could control the tempo against a rekindled Blue Devil offense as they beat my Dukies in OT at the Garden. Without Mike Cook, they won't be their best, but they were anything but mediocre last night. Duke can take a lot away from this loss, showed they can hang tough and play physical.


Anyway, here are my picks. Like Clarkie, I would have taken the Steelers (suuuuure), but I won't count that one. I'm not a cheater like that Rawja Clemens, after all.

DALLAS (-12.5) at CAROLINA

CLEVELAND (-3) at CINCINNATI - an upset special for my boy Dickie V, babyyyyyy!

GREEN BAY
(-7) at CHICAGO

HOUSTON (+9) at INDIANAPOLIS

KANSAS CITY (+5) at DETROIT...I don't know about this one. If KJ gets the ball more than 8 times I think they can cover easily, but how many picks will Kitna throw this week? I'm picking Detroit, but if they let me down, don't expect me to give them the benefit of the doubt anymore this season. That's right, if they screw me over, I refuse to pick them next week!

MIAMI (+23) at NEW ENGLAND
If I keep picking the Lions, I might as well keep picking against the Pats. Go 'Fins!

NEW YORK GIANTS (-1.5) at BUFFALO
Are the Bills that good? I can't believe the spread is so low. I mean, I know Eli sucks and his favorite target is done until next season, but seriously. I hope the Bills win this game and shut me up.

OAKLAND (+13) at JACKSONVILLE
I see this being one I get wrong, but I know that if I picked the Raiders, the Jags would magically win by 50. The odds makers are out to get me, and only me. I'd rather be like everybody else who picks the Jags and gets it wrong than to be the guy who boldly picks Oakland and looks like a jackass when the game is a blowout.

PHILADELPHIA (+3) at NEW ORLEANS
Great point by Mr. Clark. Westbrook was the epitome of intelligence and unselfish play last week. I'm just glad I wasn't losing by a few fantasy points with him on my team. I'd probably be pretty mad. Hopefully Westbrook doesn't screw up our opinions of him by...uhh...sorry, I'm trying to come up with something witty like "involving himself in dogfighting," or "throwing money at strippers," but none of those actions negatively changed my opinions of those players. I actually thought the Pacman thing was pretty funny. Just don't go getting a DUI or something, Brian.

WASHINGTON (+7) at MINNESOTA
When in doubt, pick the favorite.

ATLANTA (+10.5) at ARIZONA
I don't think either team will win this game.

BALTIMORE (+9.5) at SEATTLE

JETS (+9.5) at TENNESSEE
I disagree. Pennington is that bad. Maybe he'll end up in Miami next year and lead them to three wins. That's right. I'm saying they'll have two this year. And I'm picking the Bengals to beat the Dolphins next week. Figure it out. Bet you're wondering why this blurb isn't about the Jets/Titans game. Well so am I.

BUCS (-7) at NINERS
Bucs win, niners cover.

DENVER (+8.5) at SAN DIEGO


Here's to finishing above .500 this week and to the odds makers, in hopes that they stop screwing me over.

No comments: