Monday, December 10, 2007

An example backing my Lute Olsen post

Sean Taylor. My biggest gripe was with a Jemele Hill column that was way too over the top for me. Then my friend Johnny Mac, who introduced me to Dave Zirin, now one of my favorite sports writers, sent me the link to Zirin's Sean Taylor post. It made me realize there are bigger fish to fry than Ms. Hill. Don't bother reading her column, it's discussed in Zirin's. Read that.

It makes my day to read what Zirin wrote, because more so this year than ever, I'm a big proponent of the media shutting up about their opinions on tragedies. I understand there is a function of writing columns, and that is to insert opinion, but seriously, some things just need to be reported and that's the end of it.

On a side note, 23 months in jail and 3 years probation for Michael Vick. I hope he can return to football and rework his reputation, but I think there is still another trial on the horizon.

No comments: