Saturday, January 5, 2008

Playoff Week One picks, and VT GOT SCREWED!!!

Just kidding, they lost a legit game. I was wrong.

Luckily, we don't have 16 games to go through, so this will be short and sweet.

Today:
SEAHAWKS (-3) vs. Redskins
Bad weather in Seattle means it will be a low-scoring game dictated by the run. Alexander hasn't been the same since he signed that fat little contract of his, but I think the Seattle backs can take care of the pesky Washington D. The magic run is over. Sorry.

Jags (-2.5) at STEELERS
Dare I learn from last time when I picked Pittsburgh at home against Jacksonville? I could pick the Steelers and be wrong, or I could pick the favorite and be wrong. Because we all know I'll get this game wrong.

Tomorrow:
Tampa Bay (-3) vs. New York Football Giants
It's January. I can't pick Eli 'til he shows me something!

SAN DIEGO (-8) vs. Tennessee
I'm not picking the Titans to win, but this is a big ass spread! I think they can cover that.


Now onto the sad news. My bowl picks so far.
14-15 on picks, 20-9 without the spread.
Over/Under I'm at 16-13, and by the way, the oddsmakers got me again with the Texas Tech/UVA game. The spread was 5.5, the Red Raiders won by 3, and the over under was 60, but 59 total points were scored!
All I need to be 100% convinced that these things are fixed is for Ball State to upset Rutgers today. Go Cardinals!

No comments: