Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mia became known as "Nomar's wife,"

Hopefully Candace Parker doesn't become known as "Shelden Williams' wife."

John the Uber Commie sent me this article, which chronicles Sports Illustrated's blatant disregard for the most dominant player in the game of basketball (male or female) since Michael Jordan.

It's disputable, but I think Parker is better than Diana Taurasi was in college, and will be better in the pros. Other than the Auriemma/Summitt feud and the Marist Red Foxes supremacy in the women's game (yeah!), she has been the biggest and best story for women's basketball the last two years.

Why is she getting no respect? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see her in a bikini, but I don't think she needs to get in one to earn a spot on the cover of S.I. That's for mid-card talent like Natalie Gulbis (start drooling), Anna Kournikova, and Martina Navratilova. When you're talking raw domination like a Parker, Hingis (first time around), or Mia Hamm, they need to give credit where credit is due.

Psycho T can take a back seat for one issue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, general America doesn't care about women's sports. Its as simple as that.

Travis Miller said...

I refuse to believe it. I care! I'm American!